Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Birthday Party

We had Madison's birthday party on Saturday. We just had family come over this year - which was plenty, there wouldn't have been much room for anyone else!! It took Madison a while to get used to everone being there - she went down for a nap with just Mommy, Daddy, and Aunt Tara there and woke up with about 8 other people there and more on the way.

She just walked around a little looking at everyone while we had snacks. Then we opened up presents - well, I opened most of the presents - Mark said on the video that "Mommy thinks its her birthday" haha. I thought Madison would have been more in to opening the presents, but I guess she was in to what was in the boxes. She is a very lucky one year old - she got a TON of clothes, books, and toys. Oh yeah, and diapers (I was excited about that one).

And we finally got to cake after that. I made cupcakes and a chocolate cake. Madison LOVED the cupcake, especially the icing.!. She got a little messing, but not near as bad as I thought she would. My mom said for my first birthday I was "very lady-like" when I ate my birthday cake.

After all the festivities, we just played games and watched games with Mark's family. We all went to dinner for Marie's (Mark's grandma) birthday, which was on Monday, Sepetember 29.

Here on some pictures of the birthday party:



She's ready to open those presents!

Madison LOVES her new seat for the table!

Reading her birthday card.

Yay, two toys that make noise! ;)

Almost has it figured out!



Yummy cupcakes!!!
"Thanks for actually letting me have a cupcake mom!!" ;)
She started pulling the cooler with ice, all around the house when we got home from dinner.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Glad you joined the blogging world! It's so much fun! I can't believe Madison is already 1!!! You don't realize how much they chnange until you see pics! I look forward to your future posts! :)

Donna said...

Looks like Madison had fun. What a cute little princess.

Andrea Kay said...

What a cutie!!! I am still waiting to hear her say "duck" because I don't believe you! She is adorable and I cannot believe that she is 1 year old!!!!